Small progress update: I’ve implemented about 40 or so of the new abilities for the next build. I was tempted to wait until I was done with them to post again, but didn’t want to leave folks hanging longer than the usual week or so I go between posts. Next week’s update should include some demon and ability previews.
The sprites are pretty much done, but there will be a slight delay on the next progress update as I transition from one job to another. Don’t worry, the delay will be brief (probably just need a week or so to get everything sorted out properly.)
New computer is up and running. Will finish reinstalling things tomorrow and then it’s back to work with… the remaining one day of Thanksgiving break. Ah well, I shouldn’t complain, this happening on the break at least meant I had time to focus on it and deal with it quickly.
Working on getting back in action as soon as possible. Shouldn’t be toooo long hopefully.
A little later than I’d hoped, but I should have the next build (with improved full screen mode and other fixes/quality of life improvements) ready by sometime this weekend.
I’ll probably have to go dark for a bit after that; we’re only about a couple of weeks out from a major deadline at work. But, once that is past, we’ll get started on something new. Cheers!
Here’s the new checklist. The only remaining task before the test build release is finishing the character sprites; bug fixing will happen while the test build is being tested, when that is complete, that’ll be the real release.
1) <in progress> My versions of the character sprites. (Probably the biggest chunk left, but I’ve done some already at least.)
2) <done> Creating new modifiers, updating existing modifiers.
3) <done> Updating character creation (adding Matter options, resistances/weaknesses when appropriate)
4) <done> Capture mechanics for the new demons
5) <done> Placing all the new demons into encounter charts
6) <done> Sanctums for the new uniques, when appropriate
7) Deciding which bugs on the bug list I want to address before release, and addressing them
Got a bit of a hurricane problem here; if I drop off from answering forum posts / blog comments for a few days, it probably means I lost power. See you again soon!
Hey. Looks like everyone’s enjoying the new build so far.
I’m still on break, but I wanted in check in and say we’re on the downhill part of it now and I should be getting back to development work before too much longer.
Until then, good luck in the Tower!