I’ve added the following, in a Readme file, to the 3/2/2020 Mac version zip. Note that there is no new build content in that zip, just the new text file which I’m also posting here, so no reason to download it if you already have it, you can just read it here:
The Catalina version of Mac OS sometimes requires a little extra work on the part of users to get Demon running properly.
I’ve included the steps required here, and I apologize for the trouble. I am researching a method to remove the necessity of this annoyance from your plate, but up to this point I haven’t had any luck yet.
Should the steps included here NOT work for you, please contact me via the Bug Reports section of the forum at http://forum.ferretdev.org/ and I will be happy to assist you to the best of my ability.
Cheers, and good luck in the Tower!
- FerretDev (Herbie)
When trying to run Demon on OS Catalina, a dialogue window containing the text “The application “Demon” can’t be opened.” appears.
To fix this, perform the following steps.
1. Right-click Demon and select “Show Package Contents” from the pop-up menu.
2. Navigate to Contents->MacOS
3. You will see two files in Contents/MacOS: Demon and Demon.dat.
4. From the Applications folder, open Terminal.
5. Type the following in Terminal (excluding quotes, including the trailing space), but do not hit Enter yet: “chmod +x ”
6. Drag the Contents/MacOS/Demon file into the Terminal window, then Drop it to the right of the line you typed in Step 6.
7. Click on the Terminal window and hit Enter.
8. Navigate back out of Demon’s Package Contents. Demon should now run normally when you double click it.
If there are any errors in these steps, or if they do not fix the issue for you, please let me know on the forums at http://forum.ferretdev.org/ Thanks!