New build is out, links to the right have been updated.
In this build, I’m taking care of some polish tasks before moving on to mouse controls. Overall gameplay balance, AI, and UI have all received some improvements.
Big ticket items:
- Support abilities (buffs and heals) no longer require clear lines of fire.
- Several area effect projectiles (mostly Rune effects, but also one ability: Fireball) can now be aimed short of their maximum range, making them a bit easier to use.
- Sleep and Charm have been slightly reduced in duration.
- Group movement no longer lets faster allies range far ahead of the player.
- The UI will warn you when attempting to use hostile abilities when all enemy targets are immune to them.
- Demons are now much more persistent about pursuit. Beware!
- Further adjustments to how different groups of the same faction communicate with each other: enemies a bit less effectively (to further reduce swarming behaviors), allies a bit more effectively (so that player allies support friendly link targets better.
A new build already? Yep.
6/5 adds Demon’s first (non placeholder that is!) side-dungeon! Look for the dark stairs on the tower’s second floor!
But, keep in mind, each side-dungeon only has a chance of appearing: they aren’t constant fixtures of the dungeon. For the new one, the chance is currently 50%, so you won’t see it every game.
Also made some other small balance and AI tweaks, but nothing too major or exciting. 6/5 still uses the same scoring model, so players running 6/5 can compete with 5/30 scores fairly.
Good luck, and as always, feedback is welcome and appreciated. I want to make the best roguelike I can, after all, and that means a steady diet of good feedback.
Grace, one of Demon’s fans, has made the first piece of fan art for the game and it is *awesome*! Have a look!
Thank you so much Grace!