The 4th Matter Test Build is up! http://forum.ferretdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=381
Since there were no critical bugs pending, I took a fair bit of time with this one, and as a result it includes a pretty impressive amount of bug fixes.
As for me I’ll continue working on the bug pile as work permits: once the pile’s cleared out of things I promised to fix in the “next build” for the last 8 months, we’ll be ready for the actual Matter release, provided no new Matter-related issues or other critical crop up.
Thank you again to everyone who’s been helping out with the testing, I really appreciate it. Good luck in the tower!
Should finally have some time this weekend to finish up the changes I want to include in Matter Test Build 4.
If you haven’t been following the post on the forum, here’s the short list of what it will already include:
Fixed Bugs (will be in next build):
* Fetter, Bind, and Entangle’s tooltips show their Power as 15 less than it actually is.
* Verify disable-able settings on all reactives and passives.
* Avalanche and cousins’ Ice/Chill don’t hit the most extremely distant corner of the burst.
* Verify Druj Nasu and similar capture instructions warn about not hitting the target.
* Maybe tweak Paracelsus again since Burning Vapor got nerfed.
* AI should regard Harden as a “lockout” condition, at low remaining duration.
* Relief still not high enough priority on non-summoners
* Anzu sometimes barges into Medusa’s Sanctum
* Fixed Stone Touch’s unusually high Stone chance.
* Added Unmake to the Destroyer (Tier 2 Matter) modifier.
* Added Relieving Cut to Violent (Tier 1 Slash) modifier.
* Devotion still a bit frequently spammed by Gorgons (and a little less, Banshees)
* Vapors now properly considered by the AI.
* Sleep/Panic inflicted on corpse encounter demons now has a variable duration.
* Sleep inflicted on relic explosion demons now has a variable duration.
* Mute no longer blocks the magical parts of hybrid abilities such as Burning Claw, Guarding Cut, etc.
* “Support cut” support effects now have a range of 8, instead of 4.
* Ninkasi and Reprobus’ modifiers now correctly include Focusing Cry.
* All stat decrease effects now properly use the Debuff type, allowing Afflicter to apply them.
* Clarified that Artemis, Kamapua’a, etc. allow you to help them.
* Punish / Goad should now properly track indirectly targeted abilities such as Emit Sparks.
* Punish / Goad now also track Poison, Ignite, Melt, etc. usage, treating these as damaging.
* Hypnotize Host now properly checks Mind resistance level.
* Increased Yellow Sign and Mind Twist’s SP costs to line up with the Sleep and Charm versions of these.
* Infection now blocks SP recovery from passives such as Tormentor, Galvanize, etc. (no it does not NA them, sorry) The only way to recover SP through Infection now is to use an actual SP drain.
* Buff Harden (shorten or give a secondary effect)
See you again soon
Hey there folks,
Small update: I’ve fixed a goodly number of bugs since Matter Test Build 3, so even though there’s no critical fixes pending, I’ll probably release Matter Test Build 4 relatively soon. Main thing I want to finish first is adjusting Held and Harden/Stone a bit. Cheers!
Work has picked up a bit again, but I’m still plugging away at bugs. Not any really critical ones out there at the moment, so no Matter Test 4 yet. I’ll get chattier (and bug fixier) again once things settle back down. Cheers, and good luck in the Tower!
Lots of bug fixes in this one, and some balance/AI tweaking too. It’s ready to grab at the usual spot.
Same links as before, fixes the nasty Acidic Bite lock up and an Umibozu bug that was too quick a fix not to just go ahead and do.
I already said everything I need to in the forum post, so go read it, go grab your copy of the test build, thanks, and good luck in the Tower!
I am home. The evening is free. My dinner is at hand.
Couple of little tasks left to do, then I’ll zip up and post the Matter test builds.
Here’s Ya-Te-Veo! The test build will be released sometime during the evening of Wednesday the 14th.
Catoblepas! 1 left!
Note: Once I have finished the last sprite, the test build will be released the next evening I have free following that. (Likely candidates: Monday, Wednesday, or the upcoming weekend.) It will not happen instantly after finishing the last sprite, though that will be pretty close!