The new character art is coming along nicely. About halfway done so far. I’ll eventually show all of them together when I finish, but for now, let’s meet the four new starter monsters:
Huo Shu, a rodent that can emit heat and flame:
Will O’ Wisp, a ghost that lures people to various dangers:
Echeneis, a fish that attaches itself to ships to slow or stop their movement:
And finally Raicho, a bird that is often seen during thunderstorms:
Hope everyone is enjoying the 2/14 build. See you again next week.
But, before I dive into my art cave for awhile, a new build that addresses a few bugs that have been reported since 2/4: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-sx_4eW-B5hWnhNZlRPclZLeUU&usp=drive_web
No report of a first win yet on the February builds, but rumor has it someone is close…
Finished the research & design phase for the new monsters coming in the next Demon content push. Nineteen new enemies (friends?) coming up: Remora, Will o’ Wisp, Huo Shu, Raicho, Lilim, Acheri, Bmola, Zar, Demas, Chindi, Akateko, Eloko, Shisa, Oni, Banshee, Vishap, Unicorn, Wendigo, and Ruler.
Now to get started on the art.
Just pushed the 2/4 build to Google Drive at the usual link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-sx_4eW-B5hWnhNZlRPclZLeUU&usp=drive_web
Fixes an annoying content bug affecting some rarely seen passive abilities, as well as makes some minor UI and balance adjustments. Enjoy.
The 2/1 builds (PC, Mac, and Linux) are ready! You can download them at the usual link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-sx_4eW-B5hWnhNZlRPclZLeUU&usp=drive_web
The update notes are pretty extensive this time, so I’ll stick to a summary of the major changes.
- The new style of dungeon art is in for the Tower, and it is quite sharp looking.
- Fire attacks now have a chance to cause Ignite, a brief damage over time status effect.
- Several significant balance tweaks have been made to smooth out several issues noted by playtesters. The general flavor of these has been towards making the game a bit faster paced, meaner tempered, and a bit better balanced overall between different demons.
- The base hit rate for damaging abilities has been raised, from 70% to 85%.
- SP costs for many abilities (damage abilities in particular) have been significantly reduced.
- Resistances and weaknesses now have a much greater impact: be *very* aware of your main character’s weakness and what enemies can hit it!
- Direct healing (Healing Charm, Mending, etc.) is somewhat more powerful, passive and indirect healing (Regen, Flesheater, etc.) somewhat less so.
- Scores now lean a bit higher, especially for early game deaths. Scores from this version onward should be considered to be on a different scale than pre-2/1 scores, and thus not particularly fit for comparison.
- You can now press ‘x’ to open up a targeting interface for examining characters (same effect as right-clicking them.)
And finally, a teaser screenshot showing off the new dungeon art and Ignite status:
Next up, time for a content push! Until next time, good luck (you’re going to need it more than ever!)