Going to take a short break to catch up on a few games (looking at you Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne Remaster, even if your DLC scheme is kind of off-putting…) and rest up before the giant art push ahead for the end game build. And art is pretty much all that is left for that: I already did all the ability work with the last build, even though some of the abilities didn’t go into that since they’re end game content. But… there is a lot of art left, no denying that either.
See you again soon and until next time, good luck in the Tower!
A teeny tiny build update: Friction Burn was incorrectly not being counted as a movement ability; this is fixed in the 6/4 build which has been posted at the usual links.
I’ve updated the download links with the 6/1 build, which fixes a few small bugs including:
- God of War having no description.
- Reserve Power never being used by the AI.
- The Adept modifier being found too often and not adjusting stats.
- Some of the new passives for reducing cooldowns triggering too many times off of certain abilities.
- Couple of other minor things.
None of these are critical, so feel free to grab 6/1 after you finish your current 5/31 run. Enjoy, and good luck in the Tower!
The new build has been released! Links on the right have been updated, so go grab it!
Highlights of the new build include:
- New Brand art by Ontoclasm!
- Access to over 90 new abilities.
- 4 new types of demon modifiers, with 3 tiers each: Adept (Presence/physical), Draconic (Breath/defense), Paladin (Slash/Light), and Reaver (Slash/Dark)
- A complete ability pass on all demons, in most cases resulting in 1 or even 2 new abilities added, particularly for demons on higher floors.
- Reduced Credit cost on Copy Ability and Fuse Demon.
- Several bug fixes and improvements, including better performance when the player party has Aura abilities.
Enjoy, and as always, good luck in the Tower!
One more goodie for the upcoming build: new Brand art by Ontoclasm! Here’s a sample of some of it in game. As with the old Brand art, colors are randomly selected for each Brand, so the colors shown here are not the only ones you’ll find. Thanks again Ontoclasm!
A small, but happy update: I have a four day weekend coming up, which I hope to use to finish up the next build. The release date target is therefore 5/31.
Another change coming in the next build: Demons across the Tower will have more abilities!
Previously, demons had these ability counts based on Tier:
Tier 1: 3-4
Tier 2: 3-5
Tier 3: 4-5
Unique: Max for Tier +2-3
Hero/Summoner: Always 8
After the next build, the counts will be:
Tier 1: 4
Tier 2: 5
Tier 3: 6
Unique: Max for Tier +2
Hero/Summoner: Always 8
This in effect means that some Tier 1 demons will be gaining a new ability, some Tier 2 demons will be gaining one or even two new abilities, and that all Tier 3 demons will be gaining at least one new ability, possibly two. (Uniques, demons, and summoners will largely not be changing.)
In rare cases, some existing abilities may also be replaced, in addition to the new abilities being added, but this will be infrequent. The goal is to enhance, not redefine.
Soon, I will post some samples of the changed demons. Cheers!