The 2/1 builds (PC, Mac, and Linux) are ready! You can download them at the usual link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-sx_4eW-B5hWnhNZlRPclZLeUU&usp=drive_web
The update notes are pretty extensive this time, so I’ll stick to a summary of the major changes.
- The new style of dungeon art is in for the Tower, and it is quite sharp looking.
- Fire attacks now have a chance to cause Ignite, a brief damage over time status effect.
- Several significant balance tweaks have been made to smooth out several issues noted by playtesters. The general flavor of these has been towards making the game a bit faster paced, meaner tempered, and a bit better balanced overall between different demons.
- The base hit rate for damaging abilities has been raised, from 70% to 85%.
- SP costs for many abilities (damage abilities in particular) have been significantly reduced.
- Resistances and weaknesses now have a much greater impact: be *very* aware of your main character’s weakness and what enemies can hit it!
- Direct healing (Healing Charm, Mending, etc.) is somewhat more powerful, passive and indirect healing (Regen, Flesheater, etc.) somewhat less so.
- Scores now lean a bit higher, especially for early game deaths. Scores from this version onward should be considered to be on a different scale than pre-2/1 scores, and thus not particularly fit for comparison.
- You can now press ‘x’ to open up a targeting interface for examining characters (same effect as right-clicking them.)
And finally, a teaser screenshot showing off the new dungeon art and Ignite status:
Next up, time for a content push! Until next time, good luck (you’re going to need it more than ever!)