New build is out, links to the right have been updated.
In this build, I’m taking care of some polish tasks before moving on to mouse controls. Overall gameplay balance, AI, and UI have all received some improvements.
Big ticket items:
- Support abilities (buffs and heals) no longer require clear lines of fire.
- Several area effect projectiles (mostly Rune effects, but also one ability: Fireball) can now be aimed short of their maximum range, making them a bit easier to use.
- Sleep and Charm have been slightly reduced in duration.
- Group movement no longer lets faster allies range far ahead of the player.
- The UI will warn you when attempting to use hostile abilities when all enemy targets are immune to them.
- Demons are now much more persistent about pursuit. Beware!
- Further adjustments to how different groups of the same faction communicate with each other: enemies a bit less effectively (to further reduce swarming behaviors), allies a bit more effectively (so that player allies support friendly link targets better.