New build released! Links to the right have been updated!
Can’t promise this build is anything too exciting: mostly just bug fixes, largely related to Demon Preservation. But, I wanted to get them out of the way before starting on the next, more interesting build.
Enjoy, and good luck in the Tower!
The newest build Demon is released! Links on the right have been updated!
This build contains three major new features / changes:
* Demon Preservation: Relics now work to preserve the life of their summoners’ demons just as they work to preserve the life of their summoner. But no gain is without loss: Restore Demon is no more! Should a demon die despite the efforts of your Relic, only the Relic Upgrade Revive Demon offers hope of seeing your fallen comrade again…
* Revamped Character Creation: Character creation has been significantly changed: in addition to being more streamlined, the overall power of starting characters has been significantly reduced, to make early game choices much more interesting and meaningful.
* Reduced Restrictions: Two major restrictions have been removed. It is now possible to have multiple of the same demon (without using Fuse Demon), and it is now possible for both summoners and demons to have no Weaknesses (via Soul Armor and Fuse Demons, respectively.) However, the inherent instability of a physical form with no Weaknesses causes a notable reduction in MaxHP… perhaps such perfection is best left to those with the Vitality to handle the strain.
Other small changes and bug fixes have been included as well: you can read all about it in the change logs included with the builds, as always.
Good luck in the Tower!
New build is up! Links at the right have been updated to the 9/30 build.
The main two changes in this build are Demon now running on Unity 2017 (instead of Unity 5), and what I hope is a significantly improved experience with full screen mode, particularly on Linux systems. Many thanks to Tchey for his help in testing solutions to the full screen issues, since I do not have a Linux system of my own I could test them on.
Other than that, the build includes a few bug fixes to abilities added in the previous build (most especially the Execute ability and its cousins), as well as a new hotkey for swapping abilities (the z key) that should be more friendly for non-QWERTY keyboards.
As previously stated, I will have to drop back to bug fix only / slower forum response times for a bit due to work here coming up, but it will only be for a couple of weeks. After that, it will be time to get back to Fun Stuff.
Cheers, and good luck in the Tower!
Whoops: four modifiers had some misplaced abilities in them in the original 9/1 version. Updated the links to 9/1/2018_b. Special thanks to OneEyedJoe for spotting the errors (and so quickly to boot!)
New build is released, links to the right have been updated!
Close to 60 new abilities have been added to the game, in addition to a collection of bug fixes and quality of life interface improvements. Enjoy, and good luck in the Tower!
7/3 build is released! Links to the right have already been updated, so grab ‘em and go!
As builds go, this isn’t a huge one: the main new feature is multiple save slots! You can now have up to 8 games active at one time. Additionally, I (hopefully!) fulfilled a long-standing request to shore up the save game system again sudden power outages. Not sure if I was successful or not yet, but we will see. Finally, I also fixed a few bugs that had been reported since the Matter release (but not quite all of them: I confess I was trying to finish this build up before work buries me solid for a couple of weeks.)
The next build, as a small fun reward for myself between “veggie” builds, will basically be me dumping a bunch of new abilities into the modifier tables (or perhaps, rarely, adding them to character creation and/or demon ability sets.) After that, the other “veggie” build: an attempt to get full screen mode looking cleaner. But, it’ll be a bit before I can start on those due to work being slammed again.
Cheers, and good luck in the Tower!
It’s finally time! The Matter build is ready for the public! The links to the right have been updated!
As would be expected for a major release, the scoring version has been updated to 5/11/2018: a fresh new Tower awaits new scores and new ghosts!
The Matter build contains:
- The new Matter element! Wield the powers of acid, petrification, disintegration, and more!
- Over eighty new abilities, most of them of the new Matter element, bringing it up to the same level of content as previously existing elements.
- Nearly twenty new demons, spread across the Tower and connected realms, ready to use the new powers of Matter as your friends or foes.
- A hefty amount of bug fixes, balance adjustments, and quality-of-life improvements.
It’s been a long haul, but we finally made it. Thank you to everyone for your patience and support during the development and testing of this build. Good luck in the Tower!
Matter Test Build 6 is up! Fingers crossed that is the last one before the full Matter release!
As usual, here’s a link to the forum post the test builds can be found at: http://forum.ferretdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=381
The 4th Matter Test Build is up! http://forum.ferretdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=381
Since there were no critical bugs pending, I took a fair bit of time with this one, and as a result it includes a pretty impressive amount of bug fixes.
As for me I’ll continue working on the bug pile as work permits: once the pile’s cleared out of things I promised to fix in the “next build” for the last 8 months, we’ll be ready for the actual Matter release, provided no new Matter-related issues or other critical crop up.
Thank you again to everyone who’s been helping out with the testing, I really appreciate it. Good luck in the tower!
Lots of bug fixes in this one, and some balance/AI tweaking too. It’s ready to grab at the usual spot.